Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:48:33 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 22:05:46 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I saw a clear full body picture of the Omaha shooter. Anyone who had a
concealed weapon and who could shoot decently could have lessened the
carnage. If you got a CCW, carry your weapon.

Steve

There is nothing at the mall I want enough to suffer the milling
cellphone-bleating flock this time of year. My CCW is to defend
myself and mine, other citizens have the same option available to
them. I shoot rather better than decently but I'm a private
citizen, not a cop or a sojer. Defense of the public is not on my
agenda, nor may I even legally do that in MN. YMMV.

Try to minimize collateral casualties, please. It isn't trivially
easy to do in a crowd sit. You must consider fire drawn to yours as
well as what's behind your target. I don't know anyone good enough
to be sure of one-shot-drop with a concealable piece on a moving
target in a ****sit. Even rapid fire from a semiauto, 3 rounds per
second from anything capable of one-shot-stop with attendant recoil
limiting rate of delivery of accurate fire, will draw return fire if
the first couple of rounds don't end the debate ... and the other guy
is probably a lousy shot.

Not sayin' you shouldn't do it, just sayin'...

Better the perp maybe shoot a few bystanders, while trying to prevent
you from punching his ticket, than shooting a ****load with no one
trying to stop him.

Judgment call, only each individual can make.

My prayers and best wishes to anyone put in that situation.

Keep in mind..that if you ever find yourself in a stand up, High Noon,
fair gun fight..your tactics simply suck.

Shooting the sumbitch in the back, or head, is an approved and
encouraged method of pest eradication.

If he is capping off rounds at the innocent, shouting "Freeze" is
simply a waste of perfectly good air, better used in making that
perfect sight picture and squeeze from cover.

Gunner