Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to test satellite dish connection

In article
,
wrote:
Where would I go from here? I've heard about dish meters that help you
align the dish, but is it something that someone with moderate DIY
skills can do?

Check it looks like it's pointing in the same direction as neighbours'
ones? That worked for my first time installation - but I have easy access
to mine and it is a 1 mtr dish. My kit also included a finder - which
plugs between dish and receiver and bleeps as the signal gets stronger.
Once you find the vague correct direction.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.