Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default How to test satellite dish connection

On Dec 7, 12:32 pm, wrote:
I recently moved to a new house that already had a satellite dish
installed, so I bought a refurbished set top box to pick up the free
channels.
When I set it up, the set top box reported no satellite signal.

Is there a way of testing whether the connection to the dish from the
wall socket is OK using a multimeter?
I know that the dish may need to be adjusted to point in the right
direction, but first of all I just want to know if the dish / co-axial
connections are all OK.

Many thanks,
Rick

I often get al ittle spark when connecting the cable to the STB. If
the dish is poiting at the wrong satellite then the STB should be able
to show that it's receving some signal and often it'll tell you which
satelite it's looking at.