Posted to alt.home.repair
Gini Gini is offline

Default do all projects end like this?

"Nate Nagel" wrote
Today's project: replace the sink strainer in the kitchen sink (it was of
unknown - probably geriatric - age, stopper didn't seal, couldn't find a
replacement stopper to fit) along with the P-trap (was PVC, one fitting
was cracked and leaking) ended up having to get a new tailpiece extension
as well as the new strainer was shallower than the old one, also some hose
and clamps for the dishwasher drain as that looked pretty shaggy. Ended
up having to Sawzall out the old strainer assy. as it simply would not
come out of the sink. Put everything together, pat self on back...
remove old sprayer hose etc. from the sink, as it isn't hooked to anything
and looks like crap... ended up having to Sawzall that out too, couldn't
bust it loose to save my life. Total bill so far about $80 (had to buy a
strainer wrench too as I didn't have one, and didn't have a wrench big
enough to tighten the strainer nut...) girlie washes some dishes, there's
still water on the floor of the cabinet. Crawl under, it's coming from
underneath the faucet. Well, there's no sense pulling and resealing the
faucet even though it's a decent Delta faucet, because it doesn't have the
sprayer hose attachment and the girlie wants that. To add insult to
injury, was laying on my back looking up at all this stuff and here while
the sink is stainless steel, the little rails that the clamps that hold it
to the countertop clip to are mild steel, rusted to s**t, and
disintegrating. So now I'm waiting for her to come back from wherever
she's at to drag her shopping for a new faucet AND SINK...

Do all around-the-house projects end up like this? If so, I might just
have to stop fixing stuff and start placing buckets strategically.

===
It's because you called her "girlie." Chicks hate that. She cursed you.