Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default do all projects end like this?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Today's project: replace the sink strainer in the kitchen sink (it was
of unknown - probably geriatric - age, stopper didn't seal, couldn't
find a replacement stopper to fit) along with the P-trap (was PVC, one
fitting was cracked and leaking) ended up having to get a new
tailpiece extension as well as the new strainer was shallower than
the old one, also some hose and clamps for the dishwasher drain as
that looked pretty shaggy.

You could have bought a drain stopper; large (5"), circular, flat piece of
rubber. About fifty cents.

Do all around-the-house projects end up like this? If so, I might
just have to stop fixing stuff and start placing buckets
strategically.

Yes.

I don't know about buckets, but I did once see this bit graffiti:

Differences between Univ of Michigan girls and toilet seats:
1. Toilet seats always go down for you.
2. Holes in toilet seats don't get stretched out.
3. You can get used to the looks of a toilet seat.
4. You can talk to a toilet seat.
5. You don't have to kiss a toilet seat to use it.
6. Toilet seats take a lot of **** without complaining.