Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] posedge52@yahoo.com is offline

Default TFT backlight shuts off after 2 seconds..

The inverters may be shutting down as a result of detecting an abnormal
load - such as a defective lamp - or because the system is telling them to,
as it would if going into power save. It could also be that the inverter
itself is faulty. You could start by looking to see if there is any input
line to the inverter board, which changes state when the lamps go out.

The lamp seems to work (from what I remember) if just for 2s. And I
have not spotted any change in voltage on the input/connections to the
ccfl-inverter with the multimeter on board before and after shutdown.
The monitor doesn't indicate any powersave mode. I think I even could
see very dimly the stuff that's supposed to be on the screen.
So I'm looking for a fault search on the inverter board.

lcdparts.com are nice, but they charge 70 USD, and with freight, vat
etc.. it doesn't make sense.