Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK RichK is offline

Default Gas Furnace flame color & efficiency

"Robert Hancock" wrote in message

Is there are efficiency problem with the flames as described above?

A lot of times they will run an orange color if the furnace is dusty or
there's dust in the air around it, as that's what color the dust seems
to burn. Yellow color (like a candle or cigarette lighter) is the bad
one, though if it's burning orange a lot of the time, it likely needs a
cleaning..

Thanks Robert for a very nice and to the point explanation.

All the "advice" pages tell you to "get it adjusted" - well I did not mess
with it, so it should not change by itself, assuming it was set right at one
point. Cleaning of the burners is something it may need and I can do that
myself.

Regards,

RichK