Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Machinist's Dye?

"Bonehenge (B A R R Y)" wrote in message
I know we have a few pro machinists here.

What kind of store would sell marking out dye "Dyekem?", used for
machining metal?

I live near a NAPA distribution center that usually has everything,
and the counter guys looked at me like I had two heads. I can't seem
to find it in my Grainger catalog.

I'm not having much luck with Google, so even a brand name would help.

Thanks!

It comes in blue, purple, red, green and black...

I forget where it was available (some have posted good links) but I
personally use a black permanent marker these days and then acetone or
alchohol to remove it when done.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.