Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Can you paint an aluminum sliding glass door?

In article
,
Joe wrote:

On Nov 21, 10:10 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have five sets of aluminum sliding glass doors, each 6' wide that opens
into an interior courtyard. They are all bronze in color.

I am wondering if it's possible to paint them white?

If not, is it economical to order all new metal parts in white (basically
replace everything except the glass) or it's not worth it as the labor cost
to take apart reassemble is prohibitive and may be more than just replacing
the entire door?

Thanks in advance,

MC

One fundamentally sound source of aluminum painting materials and
techniques is the aircraft industry. There are aircraft supply firms
that cater to amateurs typically members of the Experimental Aircraft
group. They have products that have been around for years. The
techniques can be quite demanding as the products are not your usual
idiot proof stuff meant for consumers, so don't expect a miracle with
little work. The end result ought to be very good, though... come to
think of it, most commercial aircraft look rather spiffy. HTH

Joe

Yeah, and some builders swear that house enamel is the best aluminum
paint on the market at any price.