Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK RichK is offline

Default Gas Furnace flame color & efficiency

Thanks Zyp,

"Zyp" wrote in message

1) Are you sure the flame tips are yellow, or are they orange?

You are right, they are closer to blue/orange. Also after a few minutes,
they are becoming more blue.

2) If they are yellow, your likely not burning efficiently. Your primary
air is lacking.

That was my concern, but appears it's not as bad, as I initilly thought.

You should call a professional who can observe, and make adjustments to

your
furance as needed.

Have not been happy with local Pros. Several serviced this furnca and none
has spotted the pilot set WAY high, which was costing me money. It was help
from this group that guided me to adj it myslef.

I try get a feel for a problem, before I call for a bigger gun :-)

Regards,

RichK