Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TRV stuck

Fred wrote:
Hi,

I've got a radiator that is not warming up and I think the TRV is
stuck. I know this happens now and again. If you take the top off,
there is a pin. I can't remember, do I push it in or pull it out to
release it?

FYI I had a lockshield valve that was stuck t'other day whilst changing a
rad. Mole grips around the valve body, big adjustable on the flats of the
valve - and the bugger snapped clean off at the base of the flat.

New lockshield only £2:80, system drained so no real problem, but it could
have been.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk