Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TRV stuck

In article ,
writes:
On 24 Nov,
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

If I hadn't done accurate heat-loss calculations, then TRV's
would have been necessary to get desired temperatures, but with
proper heat-loss calcs and accurately sized rads, they aren't
doing anything. If I'd known how accurate my heat-loss calcs were,
I might not have bothered fitting the TRVs at the time. (However,
they or something equivalent are needed by Part L nowadays.)

How do you cope with solar gain? The gradient front to back on my house makes
mincemeat of any calculations.

The house is at the north end of a terrace. It's
never been an issue in this house. Actually, being
a solidly build 1900 house, it stays lovely and cool
in the summer, unlike modern houses with no heat
capacity.

If it is an issue for you, that would point to a
different zoning scheme being more appropriate.

--
Andrew Gabriel