Harvey Van Sickle

Default Bedroom or boxroom?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:05:50 GMT, Grunff wrote
David wrote:

Does anybody know what constitutes the minimum dimensions to
define a bedroom as such? I'm really talking about estate agent
parlance - they can't get away with describing something as a
bedroom when it's really a cupboard.

I don't know if there are any rules, but I'd guess that any room
which can fit a single bed (maybe even a narrow one, 2'6") with
enough room to walk down one side could be counted a bedroom.

That makes a min size of ~6'6" x 3'6", or about 2mx1m.
But that would be taking the **** a bit.

Depends on the particular market, but yeah -- that'd be a serious ****-
take, to me!

[We have 5 bedrooms, the smallest of which is 8' x 6'6" (2.4mx2.0m) --
if I hung the door so it swung outward I could fit a 4' double bed in
there, easy.......an estate agent's "Double Bedroom?" ]

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.