Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Problem with Potterton Promax 15 HE boiler. Ignition lockout

In message , Owain
writes
Michael Shergold wrote:
You are assuming that the CORGI con has anything to do with quality
and workmanship. It doesn't.

From the trustcorgi.com website
"Consequently, the CORGI badge is now a guarantee of quality,

It doesn't say whether it's good quality or bad quality (and suggests
that it hasn't always been a guarantee of quality, I wonder how far
back they are referring to)

making it the standard to look for when employing a tradesman.

That's like saying pustules are something to look for on a whore. They
are, but you'd want to run away fast if you find them.

We can help you find an installer in your local area who is
qualified to work in your home

Qualified = has obtained a qualification. Does not necessarily mean (a)
competent

in which case it's illegal for him to work on a gas appliance, even his
own

--
geoff