Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Problem with Potterton Promax 15 HE boiler. Ignition lockout

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:13:21 -0000 someone who may be "Michael
Shergold" wrote this:-

How did both CORGI engineers miss this during the annual service or at the
very least not investigate this when called back to investigate the
problem?. (no doubt the seals was damaged before or during the service.
Both boilers had been working faultlessly until the annual service. )

You are assuming that the CORGI con has anything to do with quality
and workmanship. It doesn't.

I have met some excellent workmen who are registered with this
organisation. However, when I tried to get an incompetent struck off
the words of CORGI over the phone, almost word for word, were, "we
are not interested in the technical competence of someone's work,
only in whether they have paid their fees."

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh