Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default How many bags of Portland Cement for a CU Yard?

"Grandpa" wrote in message

I don't think so either.
It will depend on the size of the aggregate; see:
http://www.cement.org/tech/faq_cement.asp

Looks like they are saying 7 bags. That should be about right. I mixed up
a yard of the ready mix and it took about 43 bags. The measurment was not
exect but close to a yard. From the above mix , if you say it takes 42 bags
and devide by 6 (number of parts) that gives you seven .

Be sure you want to devote the ammount of time to mix up the cement. It
will take several hours to mix up that much by hand. Unless a big mixer is
used, think of it as about 3 minuits per the bag of premixed that I used.
That times about 40 will give you the time it will take.
It may take longer if done fully by hand. I used a small electric mixer and
only mixed one bag at a time.