Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default rusty toilet tank bolts

wrote:
In one of the toilet tanks in my house, the heads of the bolts in the
tank look all rusty and deformed. They looked that way 3 years ago
when I moved in here, and haven't leaked yet.

Since nothing is leaking, I'm just wondering if I need to address
this, or should I leave well enough alone. Since my female friend
moved out, nobody is using the toilet on a regular basis.

She may have moved out because females are finiky about their toilets. That
in itself is strange inasmuch as they don't look before they sit down...

I'd spray paint 'em with white Rustoleum (the bolt heads, not the females).