Fridrik Skulason

Default Determining Geologic Sources of Native American Copper

"Inger E Johansson" wrote in message ...

What about the copper, and also silver/gold, analysed from Icelandic sites?

Yes, what about it ?

Various copper and silver artifacts from have been found here - not
sure about gold, though - I think gold items are extremely rare, but I
don't have the reference work (Kuml og haugfé) here, so I can't check.

As far as I know, only limited attmpts have been made to determine the
origin of the metal, and I am not aware of any claim of any item being
of American origin. If you know of any such thing, it would be
extremely interesting, to say the least.