Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Craftsman Self-Propelled Mower Problem

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:02:09 -0700, nr
wrote:

I have a Craftsman self-propelled mower that recently has problems.
After I engage the self-propel mechanism, the front wheels turn but
after going a few yards (distance varies) they stop turning. If I
disengage the mechanism and then re-engage it, they turn again. I've
checked the engaging line and it looks OK.

Any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve?

Thanks for all help.

Addition:

The wheel and shaft assembly could also be worn bad enough that the
amount of slop could overtake the engagement distance that the drive
needs to work properly.