Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Dishwasher electrical connections

According to gary :
The first result ("How To Replace a Dishwasher Inlet Valve") says, in
Step 5: "Identify which wire goes to which terminal before removing
the wires".

That would lead me to think that it DOES matter which wire goes to
what terminal. Can you clarify? (I don't want to blow up the
dishwasher by cross-wiring.)

As a general rule, mapping out electrical connections before you
take them apart is a good habit to get into.

However, in the case of a 120V AC solenoid valve, it doesn't matter
which way around the leads are, and most DWs will have exactly that.
--
Chris Lewis,