Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bruceg61@yahoo.com is offline

Default Removing 1 row of concrete block

On Oct 30, 4:36 pm, buffalobill wrote:
On Oct 30, 5:27 pm, wrote:

Hi,
I'm building a courtyard wall using mortaredconcreteblock (8x8x16).
According to my wife, I've built it onerowtoo high. Is there an easy
way toremovethe toprowwithout destroying therowunderneath? I
used type S mortar, which I assume is a lot stronger than the block
itself. Thanks.

just in case, find out the permit office specifications on height
width depth and foundation footers for support of the wall, and zoning
requirements for setbacks from the property line. you may be taking
down more than even your wife planned.
-b

Yeh, I had a nice little chat with the city's head building inspector
*before* I started the project to make sure I met all setback and
height requirements. I don't know if other towns are like mine, but my
town has the inspector's do 'desk duty' for certain hours in the day
so any dummy like me can go in and just discuss a project to insure
all permitting/zoning codes are met. I think the theory is that this
cuts down on unpermitted work. Anyway, I find it to be a helpful
service
-Bruce