Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Water pressure in house?

On Oct 31, 1:01 pm, N8N wrote:
On Oct 31, 3:56 pm, wrote:

I did call local water authority and they confirmed that meter is
buried below a cover in the front yard and that I have no BFP or
pressure reducer (at least installed by them.) So it sounds like I'll
just keep an eye on it (possibly mount gauge permanently near one of
the water heaters so I can see if it ever gets above 80 PSI) and not
worry about it too much.

Your biggest potential concern would be your washing machines inlet
valve. If this doesn't shut you'll flood the room. High pressures can
make these valves fail when they get older.

Both the PO and I are in the habit of turning off the supply spigots
to the washing machine when it is not in use. I was thinking of
adding a single-handle ball valve unit to make it even easier to do
and harder to forget. You do make a good point though.

nate

I haven't priced PRs in spite of havign to install one in my mother's
house. I don't think they are all that expensive and the installation
is not that big a deal.

Harry K