Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Dumb question about copper piping

According to Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com:
Dave Martindale wrote:
I'd like to know how a plumber, who ought to have some idea what they're
doing, manages to install something like this backward in the first
place.

I've got a little update but the solution isn't in place just yet: I was made
aware at a plumber's supply house today that there does exist such a beast as
5/8" tubing. "Of course, nobody would use that because it costs about twice as
much. That's getting into refrigeration stuff."

The main feed to my Dad's house (built around 1970) is 5/8".
The tubing is the size as the female side of a normal 1/2"
copper coupler.

I _believe_ you can solder 1/2" pipe _inside_ the 5/8" pipe.

In other words, the adapters you need are just two short lengths
of 1/2" copper. Check it out.
--
Chris Lewis,