Posted to alt.home.repair
Rex Kerr Rex Kerr is offline

Default Adding tile over aggregate style cement

On 2007-11-01, Steve wrote:
How about concrete pavers? You could put down a thin sand layer with the
thin pavers on top. You can use the thick pavers if you have enough door
clearance. I just watched a crew put pavers in a new concrete median using
a very thin sand layer over the concrete.

Perhaps, though they seem to get messy (shift over time, etc) and
aren't as attractive as real tile. Also, I only have about four
inches of clearance, so a 2" thick paver plus sand would bring the
surface up quite close to the door. That actually brings up another
question... how much clearance does one need to prevent rain
intrusion?