Posted to alt.home.repair

Default power house vents

On Oct 31, 4:26 pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:08:32 -0700, RickH

wrote:
On Oct 31, 12:09 pm, Drew Cutter wrote:
I have to replace a smash vent on the roof. I thought this would be a
good time to put in a power air vents. Any down side ? solar ?

I live in a 2 story, I always regretted not getting a power roof vent,
I see no downside considering how hard I see my upstairs AC unit
working (two AC house).

In the desert, pick the solar.

--
Oren

There is no way to answer this question without knowing a whole lot
more. Is the house in Michigan or is it in Florida? What other
venting is there? Soffit vents, how much area? Other upper vents?
how much area, etc. You need to look at the entire attic ventilation
strategy and adequacy before deciding what approach to take. You may
find that you can achieve proper ventilation with good soffit vents
and a ridge vent, instead of a power fan.