Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default knobs or pulls or both?

djay wrote:
Hi all!

Haven't been here in a while and, well, the wife is interested in "redoing"
the kitchen cabinets and drawers etc. This translates into refinishing and
adding hardware. Right now the drawer fronts and cabinets have no pulls or
knobs and we just use the edge of the drawer/cabinet door to open said door
or cabinet. So the finish wears off etc. Anyway, I will refinish (have
done the vanity wit excellent results- so this is no problem).

She likes these brushed nickel fooball knobs and I was wondering if the
football knobs would also be acceptable on the drawers. This probably comes
down to personal taste so opinions will vary, however is there some
steadfast rule for pulls on drawers and knobs on cabinets? What say YOU!?!?
Thanks! Djay

Pulls might keep the fronts cleaner, depending on how the cook handles
them. I think the fronts of the cabinets get more wear and dirt with
knobs, but that is probably individual.

We got new drawers and doors, light maple, to replace our old, ugly,
dark formica. Used all the same hardware, which are simple brushed
nickel pulls with no design. They are like a 1/4" rod bent into a wide
"U". About 35 y/o. Just cleaned 'em up. Saved a few $.