Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default moen faucet, defies physics.

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:17:14 -0700, wrote:

On Oct 31, 2:27 pm, z wrote:
On Oct 31, 2:16 pm, z wrote:

OK, here's the deal:
newish (to me) house. bathroom has two sinks next to each other, with
identical Moen faucets. both hooked up correctly. left hand faucet
works normallly, right hand faucet has hot water come out when lever
is to the right, cold to the right, i.e. backwards. but, i repeat,
it's hooked up correctly, just like left hand (not backwards) faucet.

Relatively simple: the cartridge needs to be flipped 180 degrees.

Shut the water off, remove the handle, remove the clip holding the
cartridge (looks like a cotter pin), turn the cartridge 180 degrees,
put clip back in, screw handle, turn water on.

If the cartridge is a pain to remove (it can be), use the screw from
the handle to lift it.

Pierre

LOL. They can be simple things, we don't see. The neighbor came over
one day. He got the parts (new stem) online for his bath faucet. He
was fixing a drip and bought the stem replacement. I went over and
listened to what he had already tried, but every time he turned on the
supply line the faucet flowed and would not turn off in either
direction.

After looking and looking; he had put the rubber washer/seat on top of
the spring upside down. The cone shape had to be down for a seat and
he had it facing up. Flipped it over for a fix

--
Oren