Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Corbelli Mark Corbelli is offline

Default Leaking dishwasher

I am troubleshooting a dishwasher I installed about six years ago. I decided
to look under it last week when a friend told me he had a leak under his. Lo
and behold I had major mush in the wood underneath it. I am waiting for
things to dry out before I pull it out so I am using a pie plate to catch
the water and to also try to observe when and why it's happening. So far,
the plumbing connections look good. It only leaks when it fills to wash, and
then for a while after the dishes are done. I think that this could mean
that the water that the pump can't totally remove is leaking out until it's
dry. So this could mean some kind of pump seal gasket? Can anyone point me
in the right direction? The washer works fine otherwise.