Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default What household item can I use to make a record loud noise into the phone?

On Oct 19, 5:12 pm, Terry wrote:
I have had it with being polite to this company. I have asked them to
put me on the do not call list. I have my number on the national do
not call list. I have reported the number to web site. They still
call.

At first, they were calling with a number that would come up on the
caller ID. Now they call with unknown caller. It is from some
consumer credit company. They give a recorded message and press 1 to
find out how to lower your rates.

I wait until an operator answers. When I politely ask to be put on
the do not call list they hang up. One guy was polite, and said he
would add my number to the no call list.

They still call.

Hi,

Looks like you have a repeat caller problem. The gooding thing to know
is bad data is difficult to strip from a database. So this is what you
do.

You need to make a new fake person. Mr. Doughnut, who lives at a new
fake address. Pick a road in the same zip code (not your road), and
make up a house number which no one has, say 1502 on a road where the
house numbers only go up to 100 say. Now also make up a Social
Security number with the right number of digits. Make sure that this
new person is over 21 years old and has an income of say 30,000 USD.

But give them your real phone number.

They will add you as a new happy subsciber. And take your number off
their call list ..... They will probablly check your SSN etc, and
discover that it is not correct. They may phone you back. Just keep
reafirming the details when they do.

They may keep calling, but hopefully less .... and just think of all
the dollars they will spend trying to sort gthe mess out. And it is
difficult to strip the data from their database ... because that data
is very believable ..... you can even pretend to be a very desperate
pewrson etc ... oh the fun and games.

Good luck ....

Warmest regards, Mike.