Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Removing 1 row of concrete block

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:37:51 -0700, wrote:

On Oct 30, 4:22 pm, Paul Franklin
wrote:
On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:27:55 -0700, wrote:

Thanks Guys! So what is the cure time of mortar? I put the last course
on 2-3 days ago..

Grab and/or pull a block loose. Work from there across the top course
to remove.

Trust me the mortar in a few days is not set.

The block mortar is not the strong point; nor, will it be.

I think I'll go out tonight with my hand sledge hammer and see what I
can do. I do have
easy access to both sides, so a rented wet saw is option #2. My
neighbors would kill me
if I used a dry saw; I have about 38ft linear feet of wall. Regarding
a less fussy wife, that
was option #1 for a good while
Bruce

Pull the first / top course off by hand....

--
Oren