Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Which brand/model of bathroom ceiling fan would you recommend? Panasonic?

On 30 Oct, 01:44, "W.H." wrote:
Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...delList?storeI...

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (seehttp://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks!

I won't speak to brands, but I will speak to size. I suggest that you
oversize the unit by one. In other words, whatever model is sized for
the square footage of the bathroom, buy the size for the next highest
square foot range. The volume level will not be significant, but the
unit will keep the room clearer and sweeter.

In addition, use a timer switch or, even better, a humiidstat.