Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default brad nailer, hardwood floor install

On 30 Oct, 08:50, smcjensen wrote:
On Oct 30, 8:17 am, franz frippl wrote:

I'm about to lay a hardwood floor. Choices include glue or nailing. I
have a Milwaukee brad nailer. Will this work or do I really need to rent
a flooring nailer?

I did maple floors with walnut inlays about eight years ago. In some
of the spots where I couldn't get a good swing with the nailer, I used
a trim nailer, bigger nails than a brad nailer but not so big as a
framing nailer and definitely smaller than the nails that come out of
a flooring nailer. I've had no problems at all with the floor staying
in place and that's with three kids, moving grand pianos across the
floors, etc. Keep in mind, however, that the spots where I couldn't
swing the hammer are not the highest traffic spots but I don't see any
problem with it at all. If this is solid wood flooring, I don't know
that you can glue it.

"moving grand pianos across the floors"

How many grand pianos do you own? ;-)