Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default Which brand/model of bathroom ceiling fan would you recommend? Panasonic?

"W.H." wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all:

We are in the process to remodel our bathroom and would like to hear
everyone's experience and opinion about which brand/model of ceiling
fan would be best (or biggest bang for the bucks).. Our contractor
mentioned that based on his experience Panasonic makes the best (most
quiet) bathroom ceiling fan, but wow, they have a lot of models to
choose from!!

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702

Also, there is a TV commercial on HGTV (I think the brand name is
Broan) which emphasize the quietness of the fan (see
http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?CategoryID=507). What's your
experience with Broan? Is it really quiet and durable? Thanks!

We upgraded our master bath fan from a crapola Nutone to a Panasonic and I
first thought I had forgotten to plug the motor in, it was so quiet. Then we
added one at our cabin, and went with the low profile model to work with our
existing ceiling space. The model was FV-05VF2 (the 50 CFM unit). We later
upgraded it to the 80 CFM because the room was very sealed with a low
ceiling, and shower steam did not disperse immediately. The 80 CFM unit is
only nominally louder than the 50.

Note that the "2" at the end of the model seems to designate whether it is a
right or left vent unit, as viewed from underneath. When we first upgraded
we ordered the wrong version. If you are matching an existing vent setup,
take this into account.