Posted to rec.woodworking
Jon Jon is offline

Default 220 electrical outlets?

The NEMA ones are great! We have put them in place of the old ones we had
as the round ones are twist lock, no worry about someone accidently pulling
out the plug. Besides all my outlets are in the ceiling and not on the
floor or walls. See here for explanation:

http://www.nooutage.com/nema_configu...Configurations

Jon

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
Just finishing my workshop and am doing my finish work. On 220
electrical outlets I notice there are a couple of different styles.
What is the difference. There is on that is similar to a 110 sytle but
with one of the blades turned 90 degrees. there is also one they call
a NEMA 6(?)? All three blades are in a cricular pattern. My new
jointer recommends the NEMA but would like to know what the difference
is and why one is better than the other.

Thanks,

Jim