Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Lewis Mike Lewis is offline

Default 220 electrical outlets?

"Jim Brown" wrote in message
Just finishing my workshop and am doing my finish work. On 220
electrical outlets I notice there are a couple of different styles.
What is the difference. There is on that is similar to a 110 sytle but
with one of the blades turned 90 degrees. there is also one they call
a NEMA 6(?)? All three blades are in a cricular pattern. My new
jointer recommends the NEMA but would like to know what the difference
is and why one is better than the other.

Thanks,

Jim

I believe the different plug styles are for different amounts of current.
You should choose the appropriate one for the current of your 220 line.

Mike