Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Buffet

On Oct 29, 8:50 pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
About 10 years ago I purchased a beautiful buffett at an
estate auction. It's only defect is that the side trim
on the top must have come loose at some point and was
glued back on, but it sliped about a 16th of an inch.
Since I seem to be the only one who notices it, I left
alone out of fear of marring the surface.

But I'd like to repair it, but am not sure as to separate
that part of the trim that slipped without damaging the
buffet.

Any ideas?

Dick

Dick-

I guess I'm inclined to ask:

Cost of quality vs cost of non-conformance............

that is, will you do more harm by attempting a fix rathaer than just
living with it as is?

Any idea as to the type of glue? How firm is the bond?

I hear you about the fix being sub-optimal (& I'd be inclined to
attempt a re-repair) but is it worth the risk?

You "might" be able to steam the glue off but.............

cheers
Bob