Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How would I get rid of all of the sediments from the plumbingfrom my house?

cln wrote:
How would I get rid of all of the sediments from the plumbing from my
house? (yes, I'm on a well)

If I install a filter on the water supply will stop it from coming in
100%? What about the leftover sediments in the system currently?
Would shocking the well and system be enough to take care of this
issue?

Anything _in_ the current system would have to be flushed to remove it.

_NO_ filter is 100%, but you can go to 10 micron, or even 5. Depends on
what the sediment is as to how fine it might actually be.

There should, of course, be a sand filter on the foot of the well. Is
this a new problem or existing? Jet or submergible pump? Too many
other unknowns.

"Shocking" a well will make no difference at all on sediment.