Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Where can I get parts for 12V battery charger

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
news
I have 3 automotive 12v battery chargers that need parts. One needs
diodes, another needs that protection device that cuts out when the
leads short, and comes back on in a minute or so (are those called
circuit breakers or????). I am not sure what the 3rd one needs, but
probably diodes. (Have not opened that one). I hate tossing
something that needs a simple repair, but where can I get parts? I
tried google but as usual all I got were fu#^%&g links to ebay, and
spam sites.

Start with Radio Shack and places line
http://www.allelectronics.com/
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=home
http://www.alliedelec.com/
http://www.jameco.com
http://www.alltronics.com/

You have to learn to use Google. That is where the above links came from
and none are spam sites of ebay. I got 76,000,000 hits but I did not check
them all out.

I have had no luck finding anything useful at Radio Shack in the past
few years. The local store employees for the most part give you blank
looks when you look for basic stuff like resistors and diodes. (have
needed same on short notice before for work.) Anymore I go to a local
place called Arcade Electronics first, but that probably doesn't help
the OP.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.