Posted to alt.home.repair
Crackles McFarly Crackles McFarly is offline

Default Florescent Tube Lights which to buy?? Hello??

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:59:19 -0500, bud--
sayd the following:

Crackles McFarly wrote:
Maybe the server lost this post on some other servers.
Here is my question again....

Your first post made it. Not obvious what you are doing and what the
problem is from your post.

Lumens=1200 on first 2 lights I bought and they were really dim.
LOWES,HOME DEPOT I couldn't find one higher than 1250 Lumens?

I decided to pick one based on CRI. The higher number was suppose to
be the most bright...

I picked two lights that had LOWER Lumens but HIGHER CRI.

Did I make the right choice, if NO please tell me how to identify
these.

CRI is color rendering index and indicates how the lamp compares to
natural light (not an exact definition). 100 is maximum. If the light
was very green the CRI would be low. CRI measures color 'quality'.

Brightness is measured by Lumens.

All I find at Homedepot and lowes are 1200 lumens?

Where do you find lumens above 1200?

p.s. It's a 2-foot piece.