Posted to alt.home.repair
mark mark is offline

Default What household item can I use to make a record loud noise into the phone?

Terry wrote:
I have had it with being polite to this company. I have asked them to
put me on the do not call list. I have my number on the national do
not call list. I have reported the number to web site. They still
call.

At first, they were calling with a number that would come up on the
caller ID. Now they call with unknown caller. It is from some
consumer credit company. They give a recorded message and press 1 to
find out how to lower your rates.

I wait until an operator answers. When I politely ask to be put on
the do not call list they hang up. One guy was polite, and said he
would add my number to the no call list.

They still call.

freon air horn, used for "signalling boats"

works every time..... scrambles the brain of the telemarketer