Posted to alt.home.repair
Calvin Henry-Cotnam Calvin Henry-Cotnam is offline

Default What household item can I use to make a record loud noise into the phone?

Terry ) said...

They still call.

Their time is money - they need to move on as soon as possible.

So -- cut them off right away and say you REALLY want to hear about their
product but have to clear up something first, so hold on to the line.

Then put the phone down and walk away from it for five minutes.

If they are still there after five minutes, "appologize" for keeping them,
but also say you have to have them hold on again, for "just a minute".

Another five minutes should get rid of them.

And best of all... your number will likely be put on a "don't call
because they waste your time" list.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
"I really think Canada should get over to Iraq as quickly as possible"