Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default find out your phone number by dial several numbers on the phone.

On Oct 21, 9:24 pm, wrote:
I need to replace a phone line from the NID to my home.
The NID outside my home(5-story) has about 12 phone lines connect to
it.
I don't want to dissconnect my neighbour's phone line when replacing
it.

Last week, when verizon(NY) came to my workplace and did some repair.
I saw them just connect a test tool and dial several numbers on the
phone to retrieve the number that belong to that line.
I saw they also successfully retrieve it using a regular phone.

Does anyone know what number to press in order to retrieve the phone
number?

Try 9580 (4 digits)
Or if that does not work, just call your cell phone and the caller ID
will show you what number it is.