Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default What household item can I use to make a record loud noise into the phone?

"Tater" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 19, 4:12 pm, Terry wrote:
I have had it with being polite to this company. I have asked them to
put me on the do not call list. I have my number on the national do
not call list. I have reported the number to web site. They still
call.

At first, they were calling with a number that would come up on the
caller ID. Now they call with unknown caller. It is from some
consumer credit company. They give a recorded message and press 1 to
find out how to lower your rates.

I wait until an operator answers. When I politely ask to be put on
the do not call list they hang up. One guy was polite, and said he
would add my number to the no call list.

They still call.

you can't. all phones got decibel limiters on them. scream as loud as
you want, but it only comes out their end at a certain volume.

tell them that you answering them is a service, billable at $1000 per
minute, 3 minutes minimum. (make sure to record this), send it to a
lawyer and have the lawyer send them a bill.

Who would you send it to, their not going to give you an address. Most use
800 numbers that are only one way, you cannot dial them back, or they use
fake numbers. I often get this number on my display 000 000 0000. They are
calling through a Skype or internet connection from overseas. Changing your
phone number won't help, as they are not dialing you specifically, their
computer just keeps trying random or sequential numbers untill someone
answers then it feeds it to a person who gives his spiel to you.