Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default This Old [millionaires] House

on 10/20/2007 8:44 AM J.A. Michel said the following:

"Bill" wrote in message
I don't know about you, but these home improvement shows are WAY
beyond my budget lately.

I was watching This Old House last night and they had a $3000.00 plus
consultant hired in to study backyard water drainage and give
recommendations. Then they hired a crane to cut down a tree! (So they
could "lower" it down gently.) I'm sure that cost a pretty penny.

I just can't relate to these shows anymore so far as my home goes and
my budget. ($30,000.00 for a kitchen remodel, $60,000.00 to fix the
place up a bit, etc.)

Most people I know are hard pressed to come up with a few thousand
dollars for home projects...

I agree. They seem to show the same sets of shows on an endless loop
on DIY. They are hopelessly out of touch from what the common slob
can afford to do. They did that house in Carlile, MA. What a joke.
You could have fit my house in the basement of the "L" they added on.
They hire exterior designers, and closet designers. (there's a carrer
is designing closets????)

And what's up with the HVAC systems they put in these houses??? ****,
I bet they are spendy!!!!

Did anyone see the shows where they did George's (ugly) house? What's
up with that guy? How could one person need so much space? He must
be gay!!
They spent 80,000 on a teak staircase! I'll bet he has over a million
into that ugly ass house.

What's up with Kevin O'Conner? He looks like a grown up version of
Ralphie from a "Christmas Story" and is a dumbass to boot. I seen a
show where
he was helping Tom Silva do something, and all Tom got done was
telling Ralphie how to do stuff.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Old_House
"Kevin O'Connor /wiki/Kevin_O%27Connor_%28television%29 is the current
host. Before O'Connor joined the cast, he was a homeowner who appeared
on /Ask This Old House/ having problems with wallpaper removal"

They apparently liked his demeanor.

I still watch the show infrequently, but it doesn't relate to the
kinds of projects I would do. I always thought "Hometime" did a much
better job of that.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY