Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default This Old [millionaires] House

larry wrote in
et:

aemeijers wrote:

Norm is a machinist, who just happens to work in wood instead of
metal.

As much as I like his one-man show (which is presumably why he isn't
on ATOH), I'd like to see him do some projects with just the skill
saw, jigsaw, hand drill, and hand tools that most limited-budget,
limited-space DIYs have. (In the real world, if you have a cheap
table saw at home, you are considered lucky, much less a planer and
joiner and biscut cutter, ad nauseum.) A couple years ago, they made
a big deal on a few shows of showing how to do a particular procedure
without the expensive tools, but I guess the sponsors who equip hos
shop bitched about that, because it seems to have gone away.

aem sends...

I agree, the sponsors might get most of the credit for
upselling and making the shows DIY for doctors ;-) Several
years ago, our local PBS carried several "home grown" DIY
shows from an upper midwest PBS station. Two were dad/son
shows that really had a lot of good how-to's and tips on
each 1/2hr show. Only lasted a few seasons.

-- larry / dallas

This one used no modern power tools.

http://www.pbs.org/wws/

--
Red...

"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

http://www.RedGreen.com/index.cfm?app=cart&a=menu
http://www.RedGreen.com/files/layout...rg_gal_028.jpg

http://www.pbs.org/redgreen/about.html