Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default This Old [millionaires] House

"Bill" wrote in message
I don't know about you, but these home improvement shows are WAY beyond my
budget lately.

I was watching This Old House last night and they had a $3000.00 plus
consultant hired in to study backyard water drainage and give
recommendations. Then they hired a crane to cut down a tree! (So they
could "lower" it down gently.) I'm sure that cost a pretty penny.

I just can't relate to these shows anymore so far as my home goes and my
budget. ($30,000.00 for a kitchen remodel, $60,000.00 to fix the place up
a bit, etc.)

Most people I know are hard pressed to come up with a few thousand dollars
for home projects...

$30k complete kitchen remodel is actually cheap. $30k may just barely cover
high end appliances. $100K kitchen madeover is not that unusual.
http://remodeling.hw.net/industry-ne...&sectionID=251

The trick is to spend $30K and have it look like $100K. DIY, layout
planning, material selection and smart shopping helps a lot.