Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default This Old [millionaires] House

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
The real question is regarding the "Extreme Makeover" show. They
completely dismantle a wreck and put up a mansion. This is usually for
a destitute family. How can they afford the taxes on their new mansion?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I saw on one show where the taxes were paid in advanced, but don't know for
how many years. I my area, if you don't do a complete new construction but
just a major remodel, its taxed at a much lower rate. That's why on one of
the shows where everything were demo except the garage just to qualify as a
remodel.