Posted to alt.home.repair

Default This Old [millionaires] House

"Bill" wrote in message
I don't know about you, but these home improvement shows are WAY beyond my
budget lately.

I was watching This Old House last night and they had a $3000.00 plus
consultant hired in to study backyard water drainage and give
recommendations. Then they hired a crane to cut down a tree! (So they
could "lower" it down gently.) I'm sure that cost a pretty penny.

I just can't relate to these shows anymore so far as my home goes and my
budget. ($30,000.00 for a kitchen remodel, $60,000.00 to fix the place up
a bit, etc.)

Most people I know are hard pressed to come up with a few thousand dollars
for home projects...

I agree. Is that the show which sometimes goes to a "regular person's" house
to help out with a project, and it ends up being a custom carved teak mantle
found at an antique dealer in Tuscany, shipped by private yacht? :-)

Every time I look at my bathroom sink, whose replacement will involve 400
steps because of the stupid counter design, I think about writing to
whatever show it is and telling them I have a budget of $702.18, and not a
penny more.