Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default 3 in 1 oil sucks

Gerald Miller wrote:

I just went down to the shop and looked but I don't see any drips from
the 1 Quart can of 50 wt Sunoco motor oil that has been following me
around since the early 1950's when my brother bought it to mix with
gas for his chain saw (this was before they made special 2 cycle
oils).

I think I have a pour spout if you ever need one.

On the other hand, three vehicles made after 1985 have had their oil
pans replaced because of rust out. Are modern vehicles with all of the
technical advances made of less durable material than 50+ year old oil
cans?

EPA CAFE standards have a lot to do with that one. Is road salt used much
in your area?

Wes