Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default 3 in 1 oil sucks

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 22:36:05 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
I just had another plastic "can" of 3 in 1 oil explode all over the place
when trying to get the ****ty plastic red cap off.

The entire red top came off, not the small cap. This isn't the first time.

Their oil can "looking" plastic containers are utter **** as well. They
leak when you don't want them to, and when you need oil, basically nothing
comes out.

The garbage packaging is why I will no longer but this stuff.

so, who still sells oil in metal cans these days, even it has to be mail
ordered?

Gun oil comes in little leak-proof plastic bottles with good dispensing
dropper.

Good call.

For whatever reason it never crossed my mind to use gun oil. I haven't
even broken the seals on all the bottles of that stuff I've accumulated
that come with any new gun. I just use teflon-ish oils and greases on
everything.

Our local itinerant sewing machine repairman, whom we regard as a
Singer genius, swears by TriFlo in little 4-oz squeeze bottles with
dropper tips and tubes. I have no idea where he gets it. We buy it
from him. Mary has a coupla Singers that are more than 50 years old,
run like new -- and they sew considerably better than most new
machines. No electronics, no plastic, just (!) precision.